23.12.05

Happy Festivus Everyone!

As an Agnostic person I do not celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. However this is the first year I decided to celebrate the ever-hated-by-christians-everywhere Commercialized x-mas - and only because I have two little boys who should have experiences that include a christmas tree and eggnog and Santa Clause (or Santa Closet if you ask Nathaniel) and stockings and presents and everything else.

When I was growing up my father, also Agnostic, and I never celebrated Christmas. Although we made a huge ordeal of New Years and Birthdays and Independence day. We always had fireworks for every huge holiday and just an average weekend too.

Anyway, I wasn't going to celebrate x-mas with my children in order to sort of carry on the tradition or lack thereof we had in my house. However, my new boyfriend (which I guess he's not really new anymore - 7 months now) grew up in a Christian household thought that this was completely absurd! So I agreed that we could put up stockings and exchange small gifts. Apparently this was not good enough for the twit because two weeks ago he came to the house donning a 5 foot tall x-mas tree on his back and ornaments in his hand.

Hence the new tradition of x-mas in the house.

I just can't wait to blow up some fireworks on New Years!! Heh Heh Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home