17.10.05

Don't Ask that Question

Disclaimer: I am probably going to come across as completely bitchy and female-ish through out the duration of this entry, however being a woman I have that right and occasionally I am going to exercise that right - one of those times being now.

That being said, in life, in relationships, in dealing with people on any type of intimate level there are questions that should not be asked. There are different levels of different questions stemming from different styles of relationships. I'm offering some insight.

Questions that boyfriends should not ask:

1- What do you want for your birthday?
This was the question I was asked that originally sparked this entry. My response should have been, Are you f#&%ing kidding me? And I'm sorry, but it's been six months you should just know or ask my mom or friends. I've bought The Boyfriend almost an entire wardrobe in the six months we've been dating, he wears the clothes I've bought him all of the time (sometimes I wonder if he's washed them between wearing them) do you think maybe he could figure out what I want. Or once again at least ask my mom or friends??? Ok, on to question 2.

2- Is it that time of month again?
If I have to explain why this question should not be asked you should be shot. And no, it's not, thank you very much.

3- What do you want to do tonight?
This question is ok to ask before 7 or 8pm that same night (and even that is pushing it). After that if you don't already know what you're doing just ad-lib without asking! Act like you had plans the whole time! Although spontaneity is the spice of life, make sure both parties think so.


*All of these questions are permitted from friends and family members, because they can get away with stupidity or ignorance. There is a different guideline for boyfriends, depending on how long the relationship has lasted. I know it's difficult, I'm sorry. I don't make the rules, I'm just trying to simplify them for you guys.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home