16.9.05

Sometimes it feels really good to Talk

Last night I hung out with my friend, Eric. I've known Eric for what seems like forever, whether he knew me or not. That's the way it usually went in our small beach community. I'd go to parties and run into people that I've known since I was like 5 but they don't realize who I am because I moved away to NC or AU in that very crucial partying stage.

Anyway, that's not the point.

Eric and I just talk. Everytime we hang out, we talk for hours. And it's good because when I feel like I'm talking too much he typically intervenes by saying "Don't you dare stop" or something to that effect. It makes me feel really good. He actually listens and it feels good to tell him about what I've been through since I moved away. And to hear about his adventures, which they definitely are.

He didn't know about Philip, my husband. At least not to the extremity that it was. And he didn't know about my dad dieing. And the best part was that he asked questions about everything. He was truly interested in my story. And it felt really good to share it with him.

1 Comments:

Blogger half_cent said...

Talking is like making love, especially if it's with a good friend.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home